From: steved@pacifier.com (Steve Doiel)
Subject: Re: Ada callable from Visual Basic?
Date: 1997/10/19
Date: 1997-10-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

[snip]

>Oops, sorry.  Let me step down from my stump, and meekly ask my
>original question again:  How do I call Ada code from a Visual Basic
>GUI?

I'm not sure exactly how to do it with Visual Basic, but it's a trivial
exercise to do it with Delphi and ObjectAda 7.1.  Presumably it's just as
easy to do with Visual Basic.

Using ObjectAda you can create a DLL that is callable from Delphi.  In
ObjectAda you first create a package spec that contains everything to be
exported by the DLL (for each DLL), and then in Delphi you create stubs that
reference the DLL as external.

I believe you can do the same with GNAT.  As a matter of fact Pascal Obry has
an example on his web page of how to call a GNAT DLL.  I haven't tried this
with GNAT yet, but it took about 15 minutes to figure out how to make the
Delphi/ObjectAda combination work the first time.

If you like, I'd be happy to email you my trivial example.

Steve Doiel
steved@pacifier.com