* Async communication with win32ada?
@ 1997-10-13  0:00 marcus gustafsson
From: marcus gustafsson @ 1997-10-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody had any success writing a program that communicates through the communication port in windows 95 using the win32ada package?

--
marcus gustafsson

--
marcus gustafsson

* Re: Async communication with win32ada?
@ 1997-10-13  0:00 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1997-10-13  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

marcus gustafsson wrote:

> Does anybody had any success writing a program that communicates > through the communication port in windows 95 using the win32ada > package?

Yes.

What is your real question?

--
- Stephe

* Re: Async communication with win32ada?
@ 1997-10-14  0:00   ` Michael F Brenner
From: Michael F Brenner @ 1997-10-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I, too, am very interested in code that talks to the ports, both
serial, parallel, and VGA in Windows 95, or more importantly,
Windows NT. Your reply, What Is Your Real Question, implies that
you are not going to make your code available for free. Okay,
so
please tell us how much you will sell your code for and what it
does. Thanks.

* Re: Async communication with win32ada?
@ 1997-10-15  0:00     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1997-10-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael F Brenner wrote:

> I, too, am very interested in code that talks to the ports, both
> serial, parallel, and VGA in Windows 95, or more importantly,
> Windows NT. Your reply, What Is Your Real Question, implies that
> you are not going to make your code available for free. Okay,
> so
> please tell us how much you will sell your code for and what it
> does. Thanks.

Actually, my reply says nothing of the kind. There was no request for
code; there was only a request for indication of success. Since I am
employed by the government, all my code is available for free. I have
sent the serial port interface code to someone before. Since you are now
the second person to request this code, I'll try to package it nicely on
my Web page.

My reply was perhaps a bit hostile (I was having a bad day); here is a
kinder, gentler one:

Yes, people have succeeded in using serial ports with Win32Ada. If you
ask a more detailed question, perhaps we can supply a more helpful
answer.

--
- Stephe

* Re: Async communication with win32ada?
@ 1997-10-15  0:00       ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1997-10-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

See

ftp://www710.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/stephe/Ada/win32_com_ports.zip

check the README.TEXT for required setup info.

--
- Stephe