From: "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" <nospam@gsg.eds.com>
Subject: Re: language design lessons learned from Ada
Date: 1997/10/09
Date: 1997-10-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Arthur Evans Jr wrote:

> As a member of the team that wrote the Ada-9X Requirements Document, I'm
> familiar with that corpus.  The data all existed in electronic form at
> SEI at one time; I expect they still do.  However, that's not what I'm
> looking for.
>
> Perhaps I didn't adequately explain my desires.  What I want is thoughts
> of those who were involved in the design process, now that it's over and
> there's been time to think about how it all came out.  What is good
> about the design, and what could have been done better?  What have we
> learned that other language designers should be aware of?

While I don't know of any repository of comments on Ada-95, many of the
suggestions incorporated into Ada-95 where vigorously debated during the
design process. The discussions of the suggestions should cast more
light
than the suggestions themselves on the lessons learned (or not learned
:-( )
from Ada 83.

--

                        Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
                        Senior Software SE

The values in from and reply-to are for the benefit of spammers:
reply to domain eds.com, user msustys1.smetz or to domain gsg.eds.com,
user smetz. Do not reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org