From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Ada for Intel i860/PPC 740
Date: 1997/10/08
Date: 1997-10-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Kirk Ellett wrote:

> I am looking for an Ada compiler that can create objects that are
> linkable to C/C++ objects and libraries for either the i860 or the
> PowerPC 740. These will be running on boards from SKY computers using
> their own microkernel.  If anyone has any suggestions please mail or
> post, especially if you know it can't be done.

There is a gcc port for the i860 and the PowerPC. ACT
(http://www.gnat.com/) supports GNAT for the PowerPC self-target; you
can ask if they have any interest in the i860, or in the PowerPC
cross-target. GNAT can link with C or C++ compiled by gcc, and often
other compilers.

It is also not that difficult to configure GNAT as a cross-compiler
yourself; you can buy support for the PowerPC self-target from ACT, and
Cygnus (http://www.cygnus.com/) can probably sell you support for the
i860 and PowerPC C compilers.

Hope this helps.
--