* Aonix Openada zip file at PAL
@ 1997-10-03  0:00 Richard Toy
From: Richard Toy @ 1997-10-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anybody successfully unzipped the zipped Openada Windows compiler at

ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/aonix/pal/windows-zip/oa71sped.zip
???

I can view the file with winzip (233 Mhz Pentium 64Mb 4Gig U/W SCSI) but
when I try to unzip ANY file from the archive, Winzip just tries to
create a very large file (I quit winzip when the file became 650Mb !!!)
as it unpacks the secord file in the archive, adacomp.inf.  I have also
tried to unzip the archive using an unzip program on a Sparc 20 with
exactly the same results.

I you have managed to unzip the archive then what did you use ??

--

Regards

Richard Toy

rtoy@dera.gov.uk
richtoy@pluto.win-uk.net

* Re: Aonix Openada (sic) zip file at PAL
@ 1997-10-04  0:00 ` Dave Wood
From: Dave Wood @ 1997-10-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Toy wrote:

> Has anybody successfully unzipped the zipped Openada Windows compiler at
>
> ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/aonix/pal/windows-zip/oa71sped.zip
> ???
>
> I can view the file with winzip (233 Mhz Pentium 64Mb 4Gig U/W SCSI) but
> when I try to unzip ANY file from the archive, Winzip just tries to
> create a very large file (I quit winzip when the file became 650Mb !!!)
> as it unpacks the secord file in the archive, adacomp.inf.  I have also
> tried to unzip the archive using an unzip program on a Sparc 20 with
> exactly the same results.
>
> I you have managed to unzip the archive then what did you use ??

While I find the above behavior odd, I have to caution you
that the PAL site is not ready at this point.  It is somewhat
unfortunate that availability was inadvertantly announced
before we had a chance to get all of our ducks lined up.

At any rate, we're having a few hiccups getting the zip file
transmitted properly to the ftp site, and it's likely to take
a few days to get the kinks worked out.

I'll post a message to this group when everything looks a-ok.

I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been
caused.

BTW, I believe the tar file for the SPARC and HP compilers
is in working order at this point.

-- Dave Wood
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- Aonix

* Re: Aonix Openada zip file at PAL
@ 1997-10-06  0:00   ` Dave Wood
From: Dave Wood @ 1997-10-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Given that the PAL site is a mirror of our ftp site, this
doesn't surprise me.  Once we've got the proper file on our
site, the PAL site will work as well.  Please stay tuned
to this channel for late-breaking news.

@ 1997-10-06  0:00 ` David Starling
From: David Starling @ 1997-10-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Toy