From: Stefan M=?iso-8859-1?Q?=FChlebach <ia94mueh@htl-bw.ch>
Subject: Re: Overlaying of methods.
Date: 1997/10/07
Date: 1997-10-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi Robert

Thank you very much for your help.
It is true that if both 'Init'-procedures has the same parameter
profile every thing is allright. And in this case it was very easy
to redesign the procedures to have the same parameter profile.

But I'm still asking me why an explicit call
(Pack1.Pack2.Pack3.Init(...)) doesn't work.

The sources are part of a class library for Motif programming. I'm
not the designer - I just trying to make it run at least... :-(

I noticed that the one who wrote the original files made this
mistake (trying to override a parent procedure by a child procedure
with a different parameter profile) almost in every package.

-Stefan