From: Dave Wood <dpw@sd.aonix.com>
Subject: Re: Aonix Openada (sic) zip file at PAL
Date: 1997/10/04
Date: 1997-10-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Richard Toy wrote:

> Has anybody successfully unzipped the zipped Openada Windows compiler at
>
> ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/languages/ada/aonix/pal/windows-zip/oa71sped.zip
> ???
>
> I can view the file with winzip (233 Mhz Pentium 64Mb 4Gig U/W SCSI) but
> when I try to unzip ANY file from the archive, Winzip just tries to
> create a very large file (I quit winzip when the file became 650Mb !!!)
> as it unpacks the secord file in the archive, adacomp.inf.  I have also
> tried to unzip the archive using an unzip program on a Sparc 20 with
> exactly the same results.
>
> I you have managed to unzip the archive then what did you use ??

While I find the above behavior odd, I have to caution you
that the PAL site is not ready at this point.  It is somewhat
unfortunate that availability was inadvertantly announced
before we had a chance to get all of our ducks lined up.

At any rate, we're having a few hiccups getting the zip file
transmitted properly to the ftp site, and it's likely to take
a few days to get the kinks worked out.

I'll post a message to this group when everything looks a-ok.

I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been
caused.

BTW, I believe the tar file for the SPARC and HP compilers
is in working order at this point.

-- Dave Wood
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- Aonix