From: Stefan Muehlebach <ia94mueh@htl-bw.ch>
Subject: Re: Overlaying of methods.
Date: 1997/10/01
Date: 1997-10-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jon S Anthony wrote:

> type XaCradioBox has two overloaded Init procedures (3.2.3 & 3.4): the
> one inherited from it's parent with the "adjust_last" in its signature
> (implicitly declared) and the one explicitly declared on it without
> "adjust_last" in its signature.  Either of these can be invoked on
> myRadioBox.  Perhaps more to the point, either of these can be chosen
> to determine the runtime dispatch resolution.  Which of these is
> chosen for this is a compile time overload resolution.
>
> Off the top of my head, the call looks like it should give a compile
> time ambiguous overload resolution error.  If this isn't true, could
> Robert, Bob or Tucker explain why it is OK?
>
> /Jon
> --
> Jon Anthony
> STL, Belmont, MA 02178, 617.484.3383
> "Nightmares - Ha!  The way my life's been going lately,
>  Who'd notice?"  -- Londo Mollari

I have to add some more infos about my problem.
I use the GNAT-Compiler 3.09 and the program can be compiled WITHOUT any
error or warning messages.

It is impossible to use the Init procedure declared for XaCradioBox even
if I use the fully qualified call like this:

  Main_Pack.RowColumn_Pack.RadioBox_Pack.Init(...);

It's funny that the problem can be solved by removing the 'adjust_last'
parameter from the first specification.