* Re: Emacs and ada-mode --
       [not found] <34199647.23870183@news.geccs.gecm.com>
@ 1997-09-10  0:00 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1997-09-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Brian Orpin wrote:

> I am using the ada-mode.el.
>
> Is it possible to make emacs wrap a line at a certain column width and
> add the comment string (--) at the start of the new line?

Yes. This is a generic feature of emacs, not just ada-mode. You need to
run "auto-fill-mode" to enable this. I bind it to a key, because I want
to be able to enable and disable it.

> I know I can
> comment a region but can it do it interactively.  Is it also possible for
> emacs to adjust the comment if more is added so the line goes over the
> prescribed width?

With auto-fill on, when you hit space, the current line is wrapped. If
you're editing in the middle of a comment paragraph, you'll want to run
"fill-paragraph" when you're done (another key binding!)

--
- Stephe

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-09-10  0:00 UTC | newest]