From: "W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <wwgrol@pseserv3.fw.hac.com>
Subject: As long as the topic is drifting....
Date: 1997/09/05
Date: 1997-09-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>     entertaining at lower resolution. (Maybe introduce the HDTV set
>     along with a companion VCR & lots of movies formatted for it and
>     put one on display in every Blockbuster? It'd take a lot of bucks,
>     but I bet the public would run out and buy it if the combined unit
>     cost could be kept under $500. Once you get a few million sets out
>     there, broadcast will follow...)

A certain political figure told how at one time the New York Times
bestseller list was based on the sales in three or four stores in
New York City.  When he asked how to get people to read a certain
book, the answer was "people read what the best seller list tells
them everyone else is reading."  So they went to those 3-4 stores,
bought lots of copies, and sure enough, the snowball kept rolling.

Perhaps there's a lesson there for Ada (or Eiffel) advocates.

    Wes Groleau, Hughes Defense Communications, Fort Wayne, IN USA
Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS                  Tool-smith Wanna-be
                    wwgrol AT pseserv3.fw.hac.com

Don't send advertisements to this domain unless asked!  All disk space
on fw.hac.com hosts belongs to either Hughes Defense Communications or
the United States government.  Using email to store YOUR advertising
on them is trespassing!