* Re: Rational Apex Question
       [not found] <340d968b.165641@news.rmi.de>
@ 1997-09-04  0:00 ` W. Wesley Groleau x4923
From: W. Wesley Groleau x4923 @ 1997-09-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> To analyze our source code (several subsystems with about 10.000
> modules) with logiscope's Ada Analyzer, I need a list of all files in
> compilation sequence (specs first, then bodies, called subroutines
> before calling units, etc.). Is there a way to generate this list
> (maybe with the Apex analyzer).

An alternative (very inefficient) method:

script:
# pass a file to logiscope
# parse the first error message to determine the not-yet anlyzed unit
# translate the unit name to the file name
# call script on that file
# try again on the original file

    Wes Groleau, Hughes Defense Communications, Fort Wayne, IN USA
Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS                  Tool-smith Wanna-be
                    wwgrol AT pseserv3.fw.hac.com

Don't send advertisements to this domain unless asked!  All disk space
on fw.hac.com hosts belongs to either Hughes Defense Communications or
the United States government.  Using email to store YOUR advertising
on them is trespassing!

@ 1997-09-07  0:00 ` Kevin Krieser
From: Kevin Krieser @ 1997-09-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In message <340d968b.165641@news.rmi.de> - hilgend@rmi.de (Oliver
Hilgendorf)Wed, 03 Sep 1997 17:13:12 GMT writes:
:>
:>To analyze our source code (several subsystems with about 10.000
:>modules) with logiscope's Ada Analyzer, I need a list of all files in
:>compilation sequence (specs first, then bodies, called subroutines
:>before calling units, etc.). Is there a way to generate this list
:>(maybe with the Apex analyzer).

I don't know whether it is officially provided, but we got a compilation order
utility from Rational for our Solaris version that will generate a compilation
order for a given program.  We use it to generate the VADS compilation for
SCO.

--Because of a large amount of SPAM e-mail, especially following
--postings on the Newsgroups, I have unfortunately had to
--change my e-mail address in the message headers.
--My real e-mail address is kkrieser@i o n e t.n e t

* Re: Rational Apex Question
@ 1997-09-08  0:00   ` W. Wesley Groleau x4923
From: W. Wesley Groleau x4923 @ 1997-09-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> :>To analyze our source code (several subsystems with about 10.000
> :>modules) with logiscope's Ada Analyzer, I need a list of all files in
> :>compilation sequence (specs first, then bodies, called subroutines
> :>before calling units, etc.). Is there a way to generate this list
> :>(maybe with the Apex analyzer).
>
> I don't know whether it is officially provided, but we got a compilation order
> utility from Rational for our Solaris version that will generate a compilation
> order for a given program.  We use it to generate the VADS compilation for
> SCO.

Investigate whether Rational's RCI (Remote Compilation Interface)
could be used to call Logiscope instead of a compiler.  RCI can be
set up so that when you re-analyze (in the Apex sense of the term)
it automatically calls the "remote" compiler in the correct order.

    Wes Groleau, Hughes Defense Communications, Fort Wayne, IN USA
Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS                  Tool-smith Wanna-be
                    wwgrol AT pseserv3.fw.hac.com

Don't send advertisements to this domain unless asked!  All disk space
on fw.hac.com hosts belongs to either Hughes Defense Communications or
the United States government.  Using email to store YOUR advertising
on them is trespassing!

* Rational APEX Question
@ 1999-08-05  0:00 Dave
From: Dave @ 1999-08-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a small question concerning the invocation of third party tools
from within the APEX development environment.

Basically,

1. can I execute shell scripts from within APEX?
2. Is there a command line interface for APEX from which I can obtain
information about a certain program (eg source files,  compiler options
etc)

Thanks in advance

* Re: Rational APEX Question
@ 1999-08-05  0:00 ` Stephen Bull
From: Stephen Bull @ 1999-08-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dave wrote in message <37A96F8E.1DB77B4B@eawoo.demon.co.uk>...

>1. can I execute shell scripts from within APEX?

Yes

>2. Is there a command line interface for APEX from which I can obtain
>information about a certain program (eg source files,  compiler options
>etc)

Yes

I don't have details to hand: but it is well documented in the Apex manuals.

Stephen