From: "W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <wwgrol@pseserv3.fw.hac.com>
Subject: Re: Units Checking is Ada - Solicitation of Comments on Standard Proposal
Date: 1997/08/08
Date: 1997-08-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> I had a quick look at it. I don't like the fact that operations are in the
> separate (sub)package SI.Ops, because they are not part of the primitive
> profile of the type Unit.
>
> So , if you derive the type, the operations are not derived, and you cannot do
>    use type SI.Unit;
> to get direct access to the operators.

That's an excellent objection.  However, why would you derive these
types?  It's designed to ensure only safe mixing of dimensioned
values.  One might like to derive or subtype in order to limit
ranges, but the design of the package prevents that--another
objection.

    Wes Groleau, Hughes Defense Communications, Fort Wayne, IN USA
Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS                  Tool-smith Wanna-be

Don't send advertisements to this domain unless asked!  All disk space
on fw.hac.com hosts belongs to either Hughes Defense Communications or
the United States government.  Using email to store YOUR advertising
on them is trespassing!