From: Andrea Ply <an##ea_ply@dayton.saic.com>
Subject: Why should I use Tk versus Motif/Windows?
Date: 1997/08/06
Date: 1997-08-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Any opinions on why I should use Tk versus Motif or Windows?  We
presently develop on Unix, but are considering porting to NT. I am
evaluating the possiblity of using Tk as the user interface for my
current project.

If an advantage of using Tk is portablity, does anyone have experience
rewriting a Motif application in Tk, and then running it on Unix and NT?
Our motif application is written in Ada using Ada/Motif Serc bindings to
Motif, but there is a chance we will change to C.

Thanks,

Andrea Ply
Software Engineer
Science Applications International Corp.
an##ea_ply@dayton.saic.com