From: Viqar Abbasi <viqar@cae.ca>
Subject: Shift Operations & Other Math questions
Date: 1997/07/27
Date: 1997-07-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

How are SHIFT_LEFT, RIGHT, etc... operations accessed in
DEC Ada?  I see them in the ADA$PREDEFINED directory, but
I don't know what I'm meant to WITH... Is it the same as GNAT's "pragma
Import(Intrinsic, ...)  Is this part of the Standard?

Also, why is it only possible to page-align a record (using
"record MY_RECORD at mod ..."), and not an array or other types?

Finally, why isn't there a Standard Math library in Ada?  This seems to
make many simple applications inherently non-portable.

Thanks for the insights...
Viqar