From: Phlip C Plumlee <tegan@deltanet.com>
To: kennieg@flash.net
Subject: Re: *LONG* DRAFT - Critique of "The lessons of Ariane"
Date: 1997/07/26
Date: 1997-07-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ken Garlington wrote:

> I�m releasing a draft of this paper for people to review prior to
> sending it on to the Eiffel web site.

Your paper is quite comprehensive. And like a trial lawyer's rebuttal,
you only reply to issues raised during the argument phase.

Since you seem to be interested in collecting more Ariane V threads
before publishing, please take a look at a very brief essay on my web
page on the subject. I wrote it to direct student programmers to read,
not has a high-level treatise to be taken seriously. But...

My essay is the only one I have read so far that ignores DBC and testing
issues. It proposes a much simpler software design goal that might have
prevented the crash and made DBC a moot point. Please take the time to
read it, and you'll see what I mean.

  --  Phlip
====== http://users.deltanet.com/~tegan/home.html ======
  --  It's a small web, after all  --