From: Samuel Mize <smize@link.com>
Subject: Re: Design by Contract: A Simple Story ..
Date: 1997/07/22
Date: 1997-07-22T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I don't consider Geoff's post too far off-topic for comp.lang.ada,
as it's pointing people to look at a technology that's related to
ongoing discussions there.

However, I would ask that follow-ups that are general discussion
about Eiffel pare off comp.lang.ada (like in my follow-up line).

The reason comp.lang.ada is thrashing over the Ariane paper is
its claim (perhaps implied, perhaps unjustly inferred) that Ada
with normal design methods was inadequate to prevent the Ariane
5 loss.  Most of us are not arguing that Eiffel or DBC are
useless, just that this limited conclusion is flawed and unfair.
(Normal design methods were circumvented in that project.)

Geoff, I'm glad you've found something so useful for your work,
and I do consider it an interesting technology.

Samuel Mize