From: Mats Weber <Mats.Weber@elca-matrix.ch>
Subject: Re: Ada Generic Library (very) preliminary release
Date: 1997/07/09
Date: 1997-07-09T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Just had a fast look at it, here are a few comments:

- A minor glitch: all files have cr lf as line separators, but most unices
prefer just a single line feed. I had to pass them through

for f in *
do
   cat $f | tr -d \\015 >/tmp/xuixuixui
   mv /tmp/xuixuixui $f
done

before I could watch them comfortably.

- Many components are just plain record types, where I think good Ada 95 style
would make them tagged types for several reasons: automatic finalization and
possibility of inheritance among others.

- I don't know STL so my commments are from a "neutral" point of view.

- Some components need a Nil constant of the Element_Type, some not. I think
this should be more uniform (I don't like that Nil convention BTW).

- The components taking type Element_Type is private as a generic parameter
should also have
   with funciton "=" (l, r : element_Type) return Boolean;
to avoid the reemergence of predefined "=".

- Red_Black_Trees should raise an exception when trying to insert a duplicate
element and Insert_Always is False.

- Many things are done in the visible part of packages, but could very well be
hidden, e.g. Ordered_Maps exports its implementation (instance of
Red_Black_Trees), Read_Black_Trees exports the type Value_Ref_Type, which is
not used in the specification.

- Maybe I'll make more comments if I get to look at it a bit closer.

Mats