* Mixing C with Apex Ada
@ 1997-06-28  0:00 Paul Van Bellinghen
From: Paul Van Bellinghen @ 1997-06-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

From:                 Self <Single-user mode>
To:               support@rational.com
Subject:          515702
Send reply to:    pvanbell@mhv.net
Date sent:        Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:09:04

I am trying to interface a mix of C and Ada (83) code in a (Rational)
Apex  RCI view (we're using Apex 2.0.8c and 2.2.2.  for Sun SPARC 2) I
The question I have is:

The RCI view is modelled for (Verdix) VADScross Ada 6.2.5c for Mips II
class RISC cpu (R4700). I have both an Ada and C compiler  for
Vadscross which makes interfacing the 2 languages a breeze in a VADS
library. However, I am unable to compile and link in the Apex RCI
view as I do not have an Apex Duo license. Also, the Vads_C
package is obviously not compatible with Apex C interface
packages. The Ada  Interface package is shown below:

---
 -- Name:   vmemsupp.adb
--
 -- Function: To provide service procedures for performing
 --              EEPROM  writing.

package body Eeprom_Interface is

-----------------10/2/96 11:19AM------------------
-- eeprom write - write a buffer of data into eeprom
    procedure Eeprom_Write (Src_Addr : Internal_Address;
       Dest_Addr : Internal_Address;  Length : Natural);
    pragma Interface (C, Eeprom_Write);

-----------------10/2/96 11:19AM------------------
-- SRAM_DEST - return TRUE if destination is
--             SRAM
    function Sram_Dest (Destination : Internal_Address) return Boolean
    is

 Sram_Test : Integer;
    begin
 Sram_Test := V_I_Bits.Bit_And (Integer (Destination),
 Eeprom_Indicator);

 if Sram_Test > 0 then
     return False;
 else
     return True;
 end if;

    end Sram_Dest;

end Eeprom_Interface;

* Re: Mixing C with Apex Ada
@ 1997-07-02  0:00 ` Brett Kettering
From: Brett Kettering @ 1997-07-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Van Bellinghen

Paul Van Bellinghen wrote:

> From:                 Self <Single-user mode>
> To:               support@rational.com
> Subject:          515702
> Send reply to:    pvanbell@mhv.net
> Date sent:        Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:09:04
>
> I am trying to interface a mix of C and Ada (83) code in a (Rational)
> Apex  RCI view (we're using Apex 2.0.8c and 2.2.2.  for Sun SPARC 2) I
>
> The question I have is:

  You may wish to post questions like this to apex_forum@rational.com.
The Rational folks watch this interest group also and answer technical
questions regarding their products also.

--
Views and opinions expressed are mine and not those of
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.