* Comm. acm bug
@ 1997-06-19  0:00 Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 1997-06-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was badly amused looking at the April'97 issue of Communication of the acm:
Topic: The Debugging Scandal and What To Do About It.
I nearly felt the dedication to 20-year-aged debugging practice
of a whole issue being a scandal in the light of Ada.
Of course, Ada was not even mentioned in this reputed magazine.

--
Peter Hermann  Tel:+49-711-685-3611 Fax:3758 ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Pfaffenwaldring 27, 70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen

* Re: Comm. acm bug
@ 1997-06-20  0:00 ` Andrew Lynch
From: Andrew Lynch @ 1997-06-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Hermann wrote:
> I was badly amused looking at the April'97 issue of Communication of the acm:
> Topic: The Debugging Scandal and What To Do About It.
> I nearly felt the dedication to 20-year-aged debugging practice
> of a whole issue being a scandal in the light of Ada.
> Of course, Ada was not even mentioned in this reputed magazine.

The April'97 issue of ACM SIGPLAN notices has an "interesting" article
on the history of Ada:

"Garbage In/Garbage Out
I Have a Feeling We're Not in Emerald City Anymore"
by Henry G.Baker

I really enjoyed reading it! (I just hope it isn't all true... ;-)

Andrew.

| Andrew Lynch, MEng /        lynch@cci.de | Run, run, as fast as you  |
| CCI GmbH          /       alynch@iee.org | can. You can't catch me,  |
| Lohberg 10       /lynch@ug.cs.york.ac.uk | I'm the gingerbeard man!  |
| D-49716 Meppen  / Tel. ++49 5931 805-243 |       .sig by Anna Gramme |