From: Alan Brain <aebrain@dynamite.com.au>
Subject: Re: Can anyone recommend a Good Ada book?
Date: 1997/06/19
Date: 1997-06-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Roy Grimm wrote:

> Scott B Moore wrote:
> >
> > I'm a CS student new to Ada and looking for a good Ada book.  Can anyone
> > recommend one?  ...thanks
>
> I've been using "Programming In Ada, Third Edition" by J.G.P. Barnes and
> have loved it.  The book is written as a text book, but I find it is
> usefull as a reference book as well.  I used it in a directed study
> class when I was in school, and I keep it on my bookshelf at work.  The
> only thing I find this book doesn't address is implementation specific,
> but those parts are detailed in my development environment
> documentation.

Concur Exactly. Except that I've gone through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
editions. Parallels my own experience, I learnt Ada using 1st edition
back in 83, then kept it and its successors as a reference.
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture