* Looking for Ada Employment
@ 1997-06-18  0:00 Mark D. McKinney
From: Mark D. McKinney @ 1997-06-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm leaving the U.S. Air Force VERY soon and am now seeking employment
in the commercial marketplace. I have a bachelor's degree and several
years of Ada83 and some Ada95 experience on multiple OSs as well as
experience with several other languages. I'm looking for employment with
a company with a strong commitment to software engineering. I would
prefer the Washington D.C. Metro area but would consider anywhere in the
U.S. for the right position. I would appreciate any leads.
Send requests for resume' to mckmark@mail.us.net.

Your help is deeply appreciated.
Sincerely,
Mark D. McKinney

* Re: Looking for Ada Employment
@ 1997-06-19  0:00 ` Michael F Brenner
From: Michael F Brenner @ 1997-06-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark, go through the archives of this newsgroup and you will see that
in recent months two headhunters, four defense contractors, four
civilian corporations, two non-defense government agencies, and two
foreign governments posted requests for Ada programmers, designers,
engineers, etc. You may also send your resume to the MITRE Corporation
202 Burlington Drive, Bedford MA 01730. The largest numbers of
openings seems to be at that one posting from Texas, comptech,
and Raytheon, but the headhunters seem to be claiming that they have
jobs all over the country. Try the companies that posted job
requests before you give your resume to a headhunter, however.
Dont pay people to do something until you have tried to do it
yourself. Also, be aware of what you have to do to withdraw
your resume from a headhunter, and how many years later the resume
will surface, and especially be aware of the fact that headhunters
are like judges, attorneys, policemen, and insurance agents in that
it is not illegal for them to lie and break promises to you. If
a headhunter tells you that it will be discretely used only to
answer existing job requisitions, it is not against that law for that
headhunter to make 1000 copies and send it to every company on the
Internet or in the Yellow Pages, for example. Until the laws change
to require truth, you will have to use a little caveat emptor.

* Re: Looking for Ada Employment
@ 1997-06-19  0:00 ` dana
From: dana @ 1997-06-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <33A884C0.5BAF@mail.us.net>, mckmark@mail.us.net wrote:

> I'm leaving the U.S. Air Force VERY soon and am now seeking employment
> in the commercial marketplace. I have a bachelor's degree and several
> years of Ada83 and some Ada95 experience on multiple OSs as well as
> experience with several other languages. I'm looking for employment with
> a company with a strong commitment to software engineering. I would
> prefer the Washington D.C. Metro area but would consider anywhere in the
> U.S. for the right position. I would appreciate any leads.
> Send requests for resume' to mckmark@mail.us.net.
>
> Your help is deeply appreciated.
> Sincerely,
> Mark D. McKinney

Dejanews!!!

I went mining it for jobs in my area and was quite pleasently suprised.
The cool thing about dejanews (http://www.dejanews.com) is that it
searches multiple newsgroups such as <your state here>.jobs,
misc.jobs.offered, alt.headhunter...  If you're flexible on location you
might just find loads of work.  I usually see several Ada jobs in Indiana!
every day.

The realy cool part is the fact that dejanews keeps posts forever (well,
several weeks is forever on the 'net!) and catchs all the posts my wimpy
ISP's server misses.

good luck.