From: Dean Roddey <droddey@ng.netgate.net>
Subject: Re: Schizophrenic Robert Martin exposed at http://www.netscum.net/martinr0.html
Date: 1997/06/15
Date: 1997-06-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ell wrote:
> : BTW, who is the person who is doing these "... exposed at ..." things? I
> : mean I disagree with some people and might think that they are pompous
> : or ill informed,
>
> First, someone explained that Martin's "our" was a pun.  Secondly, if
> there is pomposity and "ill informedness", should it not be exposed so
> that it won't stink up the place?  Or the world for that matter.

Ummm... Have you ever thought that, if they couldn't figure out for
themselves or didn't care enough to pay attention, that they probably
don't care whether you think so or not? Just a suggestion that might
save you some time and effort.

> : but this guy must have either a very small brain,
> : heart, or penis (or probably all of the above.) I just couldn't imagine
> : anyone so filled with hate that he/she would take the time to maintain
> : such a large amount of shallow drivel. It takes all kinds to make a cess
> : pool I guess?
>
> All of the above.  :}  Shhh right.
>
> My "hatred" on comp.object is beyond personal, it is directed at the real
> superficially seductive cess pool that right wing software engineering -
> pragmatism - is as a way of doing things.

There is such a thing as right wing software engineering? This is news
to me. I agree that these news groups, being the home of a lot of people
like us who are the so called technical elite of the world, are filled
with a lot of posturing and sensitive egos. But, I think you are taking
it a bit too seriously.

In the end, if you want to kick someone's butt in this bidness, build a
better software mousetrap, sell a bazzillion copies, and become a
talking head of the industry. Then you can get paid a lot to say
whatever you think. If your (or my) ideas are truly as superior as we
think, then we should be able to prove it in the marketplace. If they
aren't, or if the marketplace does not care about technical superiority,
then its all kind of spilt milk under the bridge and whatnot. The stuff
that goes on here is, I think, of little consequence to 'real' people
and/or people who can get laid regularly (oh to be among them.)

Just my opinions...

Dean Roddey
The CIDLib Class Libraries
'CIDCorp
droddey@ng.netgate.net
http://ng.netgate.net/~droddey/

"Software engineers are, in many ways, similar to normal people"