From: "W. Wesley Groleau (Wes)" <wwgrol@most.fw.hac.com>
Subject: Re: Changing Subjects (was: README: HOW TO GET HELP HERE (Welcome, student
Date: 1997/06/10
Date: 1997-06-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> >...the failure to change subjects is more a shortcoming of oldtimers.
>
> I'm not sure it's always a shortcoming.  It's nice to be able to
> kill-file an entire long blathering argument about nothing-in-particular
> in one swell foop.  ;-)  If people keep changing the subject (e.g. from
> "Ada is God's gift to programmers" to "Ada sucks" and back again) then
> it's harder to kill.

There is a trade-off.  One might (OTOH) end up killing a subject after
viewing three posts of inanities, and never know there was some
"mislabeled hot stuff" coming up.

    Wes Groleau, Hughes Defense Communications, Fort Wayne, IN USA
Senior Software Engineer - AFATDS                  Tool-smith Wanna-be

Don't send advertisements to this domain unless asked!  All disk space
on fw.hac.com hosts belongs to either Hughes Defense Communications or
the United States government.  Using email to store YOUR advertising
on them is trespassing!