From: Tom Moran <tmoran@bix.com>
Subject: Re: MicroSoft to purchase Aonix?
Date: 1997/05/29
Date: 1997-05-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> "Any improvements in new releases of NT will be immediately accessible
> in C++, but we might have to wait a year or so before Aonix has
> upgraded the Ada compiler to reflect the changes."
  What changes does the *compiler* need to keep up with possible changes
in NT?  Will MS release, and your company use, a new, incompatible,
version of NT?

> "First it was Alsys, then Thomson, then Aonix.  Seems pretty unstable.
> I know MicroSoft will be around in 10 years.  How do I know this
> little Ada company will still be around?"

  Do you recall people saying, some years back, that they should buy PCs
from Texas Instruments because TI would still be around?  Will MS still
make OSes suitable for niche markets like yours in 10 years, or will it
concentrate on the mass entertainment market?