From: Brett Kettering <brettk@llnl.gov>
To: SimpsonMS@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: GNAT GUI for Sun Ultra 2 w/ Solaris 2.5.1
Date: 1997/05/14
Date: 1997-05-14T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

SimpsonMS@AOL.COM wrote:

> Teamers:
>
> Does anyone know of a GUI front-end for GNAT v3.09 similar to the
> Windows 95 or NT versions that will work on a Sun Ultra 2 under
> Solaris 2.5.1?

GRASP is one thing you can use.  It stands for Graphical Representations
of Algorithms, Structures and Processes.  See
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/

It's not truly a front-end for GNAT, but provides a windowed editor and
access to the compiler with interactive error tracking (click on an
error on the message window and the line of code in the editor is
highlighted).  No debugging (we use "ddd" - don't know where that came
from - it's a windowed front-end to gdb).

Keep us posted on your findings!

Brett
M. Kettering
LLNL - P.O. Box 808  L-493  Livermore, CA. 94550
E-mail : brettk@llnl.gov
Voice   : (510) 423-3467
FAX    : (510) 422-1930