* Re: ObjectAda for windows - experiences?
       [not found] <01bc4c13$415c7840$d722ea9e@P01225.logica.co.uk>
@ 1997-04-19  0:00 ` Dave Wood
From: Dave Wood @ 1997-04-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nobody wrote:
[quite a moniker you have there, by the way...]

> We evaluated ObjectAda for windows version 7.0 and had a lot of problems
> with the debugger; Aonix gave us good support tell use the problem is due
> to be fixed in 7.1.
>
> But were we alone? How many other users of 7.0 had major problems with the
> debugger? Was it to do with our PC configurations or some quirk of what we
> were doing? Information on any experiences with OAW, via email, would be
> much appreciated.

The integrated debugger with 7.0 was, frankly, less than ideal.
Subsequent patches, available on our web site, fixed a number of
key problems.  The 7.1 release which is now in final qualification
fixed even more and adds in important functionality that was
missing from 7.0, such as register display and modify.

We actually plan to do quite a bit more with the debugger over
the next several months on our way to 7.2.  It will be an important
focus area for us.  If there are any particular goodies you'd like
to see, feel free to send to drop me an email.

Another feature you might not realize is that there are a couple
of other ways to debug.  We include the Windbg debugger on the CD,
and you can also debug with the Visual C++ debugger (or the Visual
J++ debugger if you are working in Java mode).

> The problem we had was to do with the debugger running v. slow then
> progressively slower when single stepping - this made it pretty much
> unuseable for us.

The debugger had a response problem when certain types of windows
were open while stepping.  This problem has been eliminated.

By the way, this kind of info is generally available in the FAQ or
by calling into customer support.

-- Dave Wood
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- Aonix - "Ada: To Infinity and Beyond!"
-- http://www.aonix.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-04-19  0:00 UTC | newest]