From: Tom Moran <tmoran@bix.com>
Subject: Re: Looking for comments on ObjectAda and books.
Date: 1997/04/12
Date: 1997-04-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>item from the RR Software web site kind of bugs me (quoted below):
>"ObjectAda still has significant problems with overriding inherited >subprograms. Therefore, we haven't provided a version for ObjectAda."
  I think that's an old quote, though the problem persists.  Of
three spurious fatal errors ObjectAda generated (nultiple times)
trying to compile Claw in early December, one was fixed by a patch
downloadable from the Aonix BBS before the end of February (when
there was a SigAda meeting hosted by Aonix and I passed around the
remaining two bugs).  My understanding is that those two remain.
They show up as spurious error messages saying

"dispatching operation must be subtype conformant with the inherited
subprogram it overrides"

"Overlap in static initializers:  Initializer offset = 44 is less
than previous one = 48, overlapping initializers not written"