* task and oop in ada
@ 1997-04-10  0:00 AGBOH CHARLES
From: AGBOH CHARLES @ 1997-04-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi

I am a student in cs.  I would like some very good examples of oo programming in
Ada.  I have seen dales page.  I need something from easy to complicated and
some examples on tasks and oo programming.

charles

* Re: task and oop in ada
@ 1997-04-10  0:00 tmoran
From: tmoran @ 1997-04-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>some examples on tasks and oo programming.
  The Adtest and Adtest2 examples in Claw (see www.rrsoftware.com)
might be helpful.

* Re: task and oop in ada
@ 1997-04-11  0:00 ` Dave Wood
From: Dave Wood @ 1997-04-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

AGBOH CHARLES wrote:

> hi
>
> I am a student in cs.  I would like some very good examples of oo programming in
> Ada.  I have seen dales page.  I need something from easy to complicated and
> some examples on tasks and oo programming.
>
> charles

You might check the following book, which can be ordered
on-line at http://www.thomson.com (this Thomson is not
related to the Aonix Thomson, by the way).  Sample
programs are available on the web page of the author,at
http://snowwhite.it.brighton.ac.uk/~mas/home.html.

Object-Oriented Software in Ada 95

M A Smith, Department of Computing, University of Brighton, UK

Published by International Thomson Computer Press

paper � 1997
ISBN/ISSN: 1-85032-185-X
Price: US $32.95
Price: UK �21.95

-- Dave Wood
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- Aonix - "Ada with an Attitude"

* Re: task and oop in ada
@ 1997-04-11  0:00 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1997-04-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5iiiun$fdm@rc1.vub.ac.be>, AGBOH CHARLES <cagboh@vub.ac.be> wrote:

>hi
>
>I am a student in cs.  I would like some very good examples of oo programming in
>Ada.  I have seen dales page.  I need something from easy to complicated and
>some examples on tasks and oo programming.

In ftp://ftp.seas.gwu.edu/pub/ada/courses, you will find files
cs1code.* and cs2code.*, in zip or tar.gz format, giving lots of
compilable examples. These are the program distributions from my
two texts; each distribution contains an ASCII index file taking you
between program names and book example numbers.

If you look at cs1code, you'll find that the earliest program examples
are very simple and the latest ones are more interesting, including
O-O and tasking. cs2code contains a number of data structure packages
and lots of generic templates and examples of how to use them.

Michael Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax)
http://www.seas.gwu.edu/faculty/mfeldman
"Cooperate with those who have both know-how and integrity."
   Fortune cookie, Wu Dynasty, Bethesda, MD, Spring 1996.
Ada on the WWW: www.acm.org/sigada/education or www.adahome.com