From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Aonix bugs
Date: 1997/04/08
Date: 1997-04-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

S=E9bastien Auclair wrote:
> =

> ( French if possible )------- ( French if possible )--------- ( French
> if possible )
> =

> I'd like to know if their's anyone who could explain me why my
> "ObjectAda for Windows V7.0.232 from Aonix" doesn't seems to function
> properly.

I have Aonix at home, and I'm at work now, so I don't know exactly which
version I have. However, there is a LARGE patch file on the Aonix web
site, that fixed lots of bugs when I downloaded and installed it. You
can download it from:

http://www.aonix.com/Support/ada_index.html

> =

> Is there any other Ada 95 compiler available to work with.
> =

gnat works well under Windows 95, although I haven't used it for much
actual Win32 coding yet. gnat didn't link the first time I tried, and
Aoniz did, so I gave up on gnat. However, gnat has MUCH better error
messages for first-time-thru code, so I run all my code thru gnat till
it compiles, then link with Aonix.

Assuming Aonix is listening, I'll post my pet peeve with error messages:

procedure test is
	procedure foo (A : in Integer; B : in Float);
	=

begin
	foo (1.0, 2);
end;

This gives an error message "error in procedure call"; it does NOT say
that parameter 1 should be Integer, but is a real type. gnat gives:

test.adb:4:09: expected type "Standard.integer"
test.adb:4:09: found type universal real
gnatmake: "test.adb" compilation error

It is amazing how much nicer Ada feels when you get the gnat message
instead of the Aonix one (should gnat be capitalized here?).

> Thanks in advance...

You're welcome
> =

> S=E9bastien Auclair