* Basic software for PC/DOS
@ 1997-03-27  0:00 Andr� LAURENS
From: Andr� LAURENS @ 1997-03-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Starting with GNAT, I try as an exercise to port, with minimum changes, a
real-time Ada 83 PC/DOS application dealing with interrupt-driven telemetry
acquisition.

My problems are :

Where to find (or where to find information about) predefined or already
written basic Ada packages providing various low level interface with the
hardware such as i/o on PC ports, setting or clearing interrupts
(individually or globally), getting the interrupt flag vector, etc.

The only thing I could do is scanning with grep the source files of the
predefined packages...

Something that I would not like to have to do : interfacing IN, OUT, STI,
CLI assembly instructions...

Thanks for answers

     _/_/_/_/ _/      _/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/
    _/       _/_/    _/ _/       _/
   _/       _/  _/  _/ _/_/     _/_/_/_/_/  Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales
  _/       _/    _/_/ _/               _/         - Centre Technique -
 _/_/_/_/ _/      _/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/_/_/_/

 Andre LAURENS - Projet PRONAOS
   DGA/T/ED/DI/PR - bpi 2212                    e-mail : Andre.Laurens@cnes.fr
  CNES - 18, av. Edouard Belin                  tel    : +33 (0)5 61 27 46 42
 31055 Toulouse Cedex 4 (FRANCE)                fax    : +33 (0)5 61 28 20 08

* Re: Basic software for PC/DOS
@ 1997-03-27  0:00 ` Jeff Carter
From: Jeff Carter @ 1997-03-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andr� LAURENS wrote:

> Starting with GNAT, I try as an exercise to port, with minimum changes, a
> real-time Ada 83 PC/DOS application dealing with interrupt-driven telemetry
> acquisition.
>
> My problems are :
>
> Where to find (or where to find information about) predefined or already
> written basic Ada packages providing various low level interface with the
> hardware such as i/o on PC ports, setting or clearing interrupts
> (individually or globally), getting the interrupt flag vector, etc.

If you have the version of GNAT for DOS known as EZ2LOAD, you have, or
can obtain from the same place, something called vgapck??.zip that
contains a package that does what you want.
--
Jeff Carter
Innovative Concepts, Inc.

Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be invoiced at US $500 per piece.

* Re: Basic software for PC/DOS
@ 1997-03-28  0:00   ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1997-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <333A82C4.2781E494@innocon.com> carter@innocon.com writes:

>> Where to find (or where to find information about) predefined or already
>> written basic Ada packages providing various low level interface with the
>> hardware such as i/o on PC ports, setting or clearing interrupts
>> (individually or globally), getting the interrupt flag vector, etc.

>If you have the version of GNAT for DOS known as EZ2LOAD, you have, or
>can obtain from the same place, something called vgapck??.zip that
>contains a package that does what you want.

Or check my homepage (www.pi.net/~dijklibo) for a lot of low-level DOS
examples.

Mail me if you need more help.

Jerry.

-- Jerry van Dijk       | Haarlem, Holland
-- Business Consultant  | Team Ada
-- Ordina Finance       | jdijk@acm.org