* How do I rename in ada?
@ 1997-03-26  0:00 Kevin Burns
From: Kevin Burns @ 1997-03-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm a programming student, and ada is the only language that I have
experience with. I need a personal program which will read all file
names in a directory, and then using if,then conditions it will rename
certain files. What I need to know is how to do the actual renameing,
and how to read the directory. I think I can do the rest of the code. I
would like to avoid having to read in the whole file, and resave it
under another name if possible.

Thank's in advance,
Kevin (kjburns@concentric.net)

* Re: How do I rename in ada?
@ 1997-03-28  0:00 ` Kieran Mckey
From: Kieran Mckey @ 1997-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Burns <kjburns@concentric.net> wrote:
>I'm a programming student, and ada is the only language that I have
>experience with. I need a personal program which will read all file
>names in a directory, and then using if,then conditions it will rename
>certain files. What I need to know is how to do the actual renameing,
>and how to read the directory. I think I can do the rest of the code. I
>would like to avoid having to read in the whole file, and resave it
>under another name if possible.
>
>Thank's in advance,
>Kevin (kjburns@concentric.net)

You need to specify what operating system and target processor you are
writing your program for. Really this is not a Ada question , there is no
language support for the functionalilty you require, it is a operating
system problem. You may be better off posting this question to the new
group that deals with your target operating system.

Kieran