* Re: Xemacs and adamode for GNAT Ada95 (v3.07)
@ 1997-03-26  0:00 ` Rolf Ebert
From: Rolf Ebert @ 1997-03-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

William Paul Berriss <W.P.Berriss@reading.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi
>
> Some kind person, Matthew Daniel, helped me out by
> suggesting the Xemacs editor and AdaMode for use with GNAT Ada95.
> I now have Xemacs v19.14 and the adamode stuff from a GNAT site
> all working, I just have to learn how to use it more fully.
>
> I notice coloured text is possible but I do not know how to
> set up some syntactical colouring.
>
> Has anyone made a set-up file like the adamode files
> that I could have
> that produces some form of syntactical colouring for
> keywords etc.
> Any colouring rules will do, I just want to use some
> form of colouring.
>
> If you have or know of such a file (may be a .el file?)
> then could you let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance.

You said that you have the ada-mode from cs.nyu.edu.  Then you have the
full documentation of it, too.

Switching on highlighting of syntactic structures is a little bit more
tedious in XEmacs than in recent standard Emacs.  Standard Emacs only
needs one statement for all languages,  whereas you have to switch it on
for every language separately in XEmacs.

Here is the code from the doc (to be put in your .emacs after requiring
ada-mode):

;;;---------------------------------------------------------
;;; settings to use font-lock.el
;;;---------------------------------------------------------

(if (ada-xemacs)
    (progn (add-hook 'ada-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'c-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'c++-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'makefile-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'compilation-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)

           (add-hook 'gnus-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'rmail-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'BibTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'TeXinfo-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'info-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           (add-hook 'html-helper-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
           )
  (global-font-lock-mode t))

        Rolf
        ebert@waporo.muc.de

* Xemacs and adamode for GNAT Ada95 (v3.07)
@ 1997-03-26  0:00 William Paul Berriss
From: William Paul Berriss @ 1997-03-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Some kind person, Matthew Daniel, helped me out by
suggesting the Xemacs editor and AdaMode for use with GNAT Ada95.
I now have Xemacs v19.14 and the adamode stuff from a GNAT site
all working, I just have to learn how to use it more fully.

I notice coloured text is possible but I do not know how to
set up some syntactical colouring.

Has anyone made a set-up file like the adamode files
that I could have
that produces some form of syntactical colouring for
keywords etc.
Any colouring rules will do, I just want to use some
form of colouring.

If you have or know of such a file (may be a .el file?)
then could you let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Will
----