* Keyboard Help!
@ 1997-01-24  0:00 Eric D. Vasbinder
From: Eric D. Vasbinder @ 1997-01-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am having major problems with my keyboard under NT 4.0 SP2 with the
hotfixes:

After about 20 minutes of being on the computer, my keyboard locks up
and does't accept any more inputs.  I have to literally reset my
system in order to get it to work again.  I've only recently started
noticing this problem.

It usually happens after I've been programming with my ObjectAda  Ada
Compiler/GUI builder.  However, I don't think that this should be a
problem as NT is supposed to prevent programs from mucking up the
keyboard, etc.  Is there some sort of way that a compiler/GUI builder
could freeze up a keyboard?

I think that this is a problem with NT.  Here are the event log
messages which happen as the keyboard locks up:

The operation on \Device\KeyboardPort0 timed out (time out is
configurable via the registry).

Thanks,
Eric

* Re: Keyboard Help!
@ 1997-01-29  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1997-01-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric D. Vasbinder wrote:

> I am having major problems with my keyboard under NT 4.0 SP2 with the
> hotfixes:
>
> After about 20 minutes of being on the computer, my keyboard locks up
> and does't accept any more inputs.  I have to literally reset my
> system in order to get it to work again.  I've only recently started
> noticing this problem.
>
> It usually happens after I've been programming with my ObjectAda  Ada
> Compiler/GUI builder.  However, I don't think that this should be a
> problem as NT is supposed to prevent programs from mucking up the
> keyboard, etc.  Is there some sort of way that a compiler/GUI builder
> could freeze up a keyboard?
>
> I think that this is a problem with NT.  Here are the event log
> messages which happen as the keyboard locks up:

I have an old version of NTemacs that does the exact same thing to me.
It usually happens when I start a DOS prompt. Killing the DOS window
will sometimes get it back. Other times restarting emacs fixes the
problem. I haven't ever had to reboot.

--
T.E.D.
             |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.lmco.com  |

* Keyboard Help!
@ 1997-03-17  0:00 Eric Vasbinder
From: Eric Vasbinder @ 1997-03-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

[...]

P.S. Please copy me a reply via email.  Thanks!