From: Michael Ibarra <ibarra@mccabe.com>
Subject: Tasking In Ada 83 "Question"
Date: 1997/03/18
Date: 1997-03-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Does anyone know???

I have a task, and I want to perform some action when I know that my
task has terminated.  I can't tell when it has terminated.  My task
looks something like:

Task Body timer is
begin
loop
  select
     accept receive_call do
     null;
     end receive_call;
  or
     terminate;
  end select;
end loop;
end timer;

My problem is that in order to check the terminated attribute of the
task, I need to with the package that is parent/master to the task,
therefore preventing it from becoming terminated.

I'm doing:
WITH task_Package;
.
.
.
IF task_package.timer'TERMINATED THEN...

This is NEVER true.  Is there any way that I can konw when this task
has terminated.  I wanted to perform some jobs ONLY after this task
is terminated.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance,

Michael Ibarra