From: Tom Moran <tmoran@bix.com>
Subject: Re: Visible or hidden derivation for controlled types ?
Date: 1997/03/15
Date: 1997-03-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I know of at least two Ada 95 compilers that don't take
   type T is private;
   procedure Initialize(X : in out T);
private
   type T is new Ada.Finalization.Controlled ...
to mean that the Initialize specified is the Controlled Initialzie for
T. If this is wrong, I'm sure it will eventually be corrected, but in
the meantime it's certainly safer and more likely portable to admit in
the public part that T is a controlled type.  Why would you want that
fact to be private, BTW?