From: "Dennis W. Butler" <dbutler@calpoly.edu>
Subject: Re: Jumping Ahead
Date: 1997/02/20
Date: 1997-02-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Speaking as a faculty member...I wonder why you don't address this
question to your teacher? After all, what do the opinions of the
newsgroup readers matter in this situation? I'm sure (I hope) that your
teacher will be glad to commend your self-directed learning or explain
why you shouldn't do what you did, whichever is appropriate.

BTW, you should thank your lucky stars your school is giving you
experience in an appropriate programming language.

Dennis Butler
Computer Science Department
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo