From: Peter Milliken <peterm@zip.com.au>
Subject: Re: Help with my program
Date: 1997/02/20
Date: 1997-02-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar wrote:

> Doriapp says
>
> << But my problem is it says b is never assigned a value and also i need
> to change the integer to a user defined one how do i achieve it?>>
>
> The reason it says that b is never assigned a value is that b is never
> assigned a value, as is clear from your code!
>
> I do not understand your confusion

Gee... that was REAL helpful, or perhaps you didn't read the message
title? Is this what Mike was talking about several weeks ago when he
mentioned how helpful the DJGPP community was and that perhaps we ought
to foster the same kind of comraderie (very much paraphrased here, sorry
Mike, I believe this was the gist of what you were talking about). I
have never seen anyone in the djgpp list respond like this!

Dear Doriapp, I assume from a quick look at you code you are trying to
implement a RPN Calculator. In which case, something like the '+' case
should be:

                        when '+' =>
                                -- case assumes that the user has
entered two numbers :-)
                                pop(a);
                                pop(b);
                                push(b+a);

This will assign the value to 'b' and achieve what I (believe) you want
from the exercise.

Good Luck
Peter

--
Peter Milliken                                     _--_|\
peterm@zip.com.au (personal)                      /      \