From: "Robert L. Spooner" <RLS@Sor.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Deallocating Task objects
Date: 1997/02/18
Date: 1997-02-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Mats Weber wrote:

> It was absulutely necessary to use this approach five years ago with DEC
> Ada and Verdix Ada because these implementations always kept some memory
> allocated for tasks pointed to by library-level access types. I don't
> know if it's still required, but we continue using that approach because
> it's not much extra work as we have a generic package that we
> instantiate for this purpose, and it automatically gives us some
> information on how many tasks of each type we dynamically allocate.

For Ada 83 some memory had to be kept so that the task attributes such
as
T'terminated could be used.  I don't know enough about Ada (95) yet to
know
if it is still necessary.
--
                               Robert L. Spooner
                        Registered Professional Engineer

               Applied Research Laboratory        Phone: (814) 863-4120
               The Pennsylvania State University  FAX:   (814) 863-7843
               P. O. Box 30
               State College, PA 16804-0030       RLS19@psu.edu