From: Matthew Daniel <mdani@ccgate.hac.com>
Subject: Re: syntax completion - a bad thing?
Date: 1997/02/12
Date: 1997-02-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Greg Bek wrote:

> Andrew Kelly wrote:

blah blah

> I wouldn't trade my Apex Ada editor for any other option,
> the ability to browse definitions, perform show_usage and
> auto formatting and syntax completion, along with 25 levels
> of undo make it my editor of choice for Ada.  For me it
> is the appropriate tool.  As Jerome D wrote is his response
> there are ways to disable the behaviour if you want to.

Xemacs with Adamode compiling with GNAT (which is a validated compiler),
you just about covered it all and not at $25K a seat. You do not loose
the ability to edit code whilst doing a semantize on other packages, it
does not use 5 meg of mem per server (directory, editor, etc .. 6) per
person.

I thought the R1000's were great (we only had 7 users at a time on each
machine), RXI as an interface was quick.

Matt

with Disclaimer; use Disclaimer