From: Eric Hughes <eric.eh9@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Generics with concrete and class-wide types
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-03-31T20:57:57-07:00	[thread overview]

On Mar 31, 6:23 pm, "Randy Brukardt" <ra...@rrsoftware.com> wrote:
> Right. This seems related to the problem mentioned in AI05-0071-1.

To my eye, it's also related to the discussion I was in recently
involving generic parameters, where the issue was hypothetical, but
also involved symbol mappings.  I've thought a lot about this thread,
and rather than start with a long discussion, I think a small riddle
is in order, one which seems to cut to the center of the problem.

Is it possible to get both dispatching and non-dispatching calls on a
single type (expressed as a single formal parameter) within a generic?

Eric