* Ann: Pasta!, an online game in Ada
@ 2017-09-01  8:46 gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2017-09-01  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

[The subject has popped in this forum in the sidelines, but so far I did not announce it properly, so I'm doing it right now...]

"Pasta!" is a match-3 type puzzle game: you align three (or more) pasta to make them disappear. It's likely that you already came across such a game...

The game is fully programmed in Ada, with the exception of a few SQL commands for player persistence or recording high scores.
The server side uses the Gnoga library.
The client side is any good Web browser supporting HTML5 + JS, on any device (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, ...) on any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, ...).
For interaction you can use a mouse or a touchscreen.
For moving pasta, you can choose to do a pair of clicks / touchs, or do a drag & drop.

Pasta! is developed from a game demo in the Gnoga distribution (Leaves) so the key parts are open-source.

Pasta! is free of charge and contains NO in-app payment at any point.

Enjoy!
Gautier

* Re: Ann: Pasta!, an online game in Ada
@ 2017-09-03 23:51 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2017-09-03 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 3:46:41 AM UTC-5, gautier...@hotmail.com wrote:
> [The subject has popped in this forum in the sidelines, but so far I did not announce it properly, so I'm doing it right now...]
>
> "Pasta!" is a match-3 type puzzle game: you align three (or more) pasta to make them disappear. It's likely that you already came across such a game...

> The game is fully programmed in Ada, with the exception of a few SQL commands for player persistence or recording high scores.
> The server side uses the Gnoga library.
> The client side is any good Web browser supporting HTML5 + JS, on any device (desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone, ...) on any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, ...).
> For interaction you can use a mouse or a touchscreen.
> For moving pasta, you can choose to do a pair of clicks / touchs, or do a drag & drop.

No display in Firefox on Windows 8 (I can't tell what version of Firefox; it has no "about" page!, but it's recent). Almost working in Firefox on Android 7; I can't move the top right corner tile.

If you don't control the runtime, you cannot guaranty success ...

-- Stephe

* Re: Ann: Pasta!, an online game in Ada
@ 2017-09-04 21:23   ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2017-09-04 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> If you don't control the runtime, you cannot guaranty success ...

Once the JavaScript engine in the Wasabee browser is finished, of course I'll strongly encourage using it for playing this game.
Next step will be providing the Operating System as well, to be safe ;-).

Well... in the meantime the plan B is to use third-party software, I'm afraid.
I've just tested the game on Firefox 55.0.3 running on a not-so-new laptop with Windows 7, and it runs smoothly. If you have Google Chrome available, it is worth considering that browser.

G.