* Re: INFO-ADA Digest - 19 Jan 1997
@ 1997-01-23  0:00 Adrian B.Y. Hoe
From: Adrian B.Y. Hoe @ 1997-01-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date:    Sun, 19 Jan 1997 21:59:02 GMT
> From:    baker <jmb36@BTON.AC.UK>
> Subject: Re: Helping Students
>
> Okay, I see your point. However, all I meant was that I would have
> liked to be pointed in the right direction by somebody who knew what they
> were talking about. That's all. Just to be pointed in the right direction.
> I too don't think that's it's particluarly beneficial to be told exactly
> what to do. However when I posted for help, I mentioned that I didn't want
> the whole thing answered for me, just that I wanted to be steered in the
> right direction. What I didn't expect was a lot of abuse from people who
> thought I shouldn't be posting here at all.
> However, thank you to those who did give me a helping hand without getting
> all uptight about it.

        Baker:

        If you want a right direction, why not ask your lecturer? What about
        asking your classmate? The reasons I see probably:

        1) You are ashame to ask.

        2) You show irrespect to you lecturer.

        3) You are lazy to do some research out from the books.

        4) You are trying to find "Short Cut".

        I suggest that you post your problems to the group until you have
        exhausted all means yourself. You will learn more when you have trial
        and error!

--

B.Y.

Adrian, B.Y. Hoe   VP, Business Development   Email : byHoe@quantum.pc.my

                                     \/       Lexical Integration (M) Sdn Bhd
                                   \/  \/     13-B Jln Pandan Indah 4/2
                                 \/  \/  \/   Pandan Indah
                                   \/  \/     55100 Kuala Lumpur
                                     \/       Malaysia

                                              Tel   : +60 3 495 4048
                                              Fax   : +60 3 495 4037
                                              Email : system@quantum.pc.my

                                              member of Team-Ada in Malaysia

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-01-23  0:00 UTC | newest]