From: Mats Weber <Mats.Weber@elca-matrix.ch>
Subject: Re: idiom for task termination?
Date: 1997/02/07
Date: 1997-02-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert A Duff wrote:

> In article <32FA10EF.32A@bix.com>, Tom Moran  <tmoran@bix.com> wrote:
> >What's a good idiom for terminating tasks inside library packages?
> >If I build a re-usable package which contains an internal task which
> >has an 'entry quit' but does not have a select-terminate alternative,
>
> Why not add a terminate alternative?  That's what it's for...

Because tasks whose masters are library units other than the main
program are not required to terminate, and the terminate alternative
needs not be chosen.

Most implementations still terminate them (their master is the hidden
task that calls the main program) but you can't count on this to happen
in a portable manner. BTW has Ada 95 changed anything on this ?