From: Jerry Petrey <gdp@mlb.cca.rockwell.com>
Subject: Re: object Ada
Date: 1997/01/28
Date: 1997-01-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Juanma Barranquero wrote:

> Do you know when is that V7.1 scheduled to appear? I've just ordered
> 7.0 Professional and my local distributor said me: a) There wasn't any
> new version in the works (at least, to appear soon), and b) The money
> I'm paying *doesn't* include an upgrade option, so I'll have to pay
> again full price for next release. So I'd feel very cheated if that
> V7.1 you're mentioning were to appear in just a month or three.
>
> (BTW, I'm not trying to accuse my distributor of unfairness, but, as I
> made them clear, I think paying $750 and not having an upgrade path to
> new releases is a hard pill to swallow.)
>
>                                                   /L/e/k/t/u

Aonix told me last week that 7.1 is nearing release.  Should be within
a couple of months.  If I were you, I'd find another distributor.
And you should get on their yearly maintenance program where you
get all the updates free.  In any case, I would think that if a new
version came out shortly after you purchased one, you would be offered
the update at little or no charge - they can't expect to be successful
if they don't do that.

== Jerry Petrey                                                    ==
== Consultant Software Engineer - Member Team Ada and Team Forth   ==
==            Rockwell Collins Commercial Avionics Group           ==
==            Melbourne, FL   email: gdp@mlb.cca.rockwell.com      ==