From: Paul Van Bellinghen <pvanbell@cloud9.net>
Subject: loop step function
Date: 1997/01/24
Date: 1997-01-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm fairly new to ADA. I have coded in PASCAL, FORTRAN, C, and assembly
and have found ADA to be similar to PASCAL but with stronger type
checking and with better organization and data hiding. Anyway, there
seems to be an obvious omission in the ADA language. The FOR loop does
not have a "STEP" option. In order to perform a loop function using a
variable's range of values but in steps greater than the variable
kernel, you seem to have to use a WHILE loop with the variable
incremented within the loop by the step size. Is there a more elegant
way of doing this?