From: Ralf Lundberg <rl@carmenta.se>
Subject: Simple Ada-95 Question (regarding X11Ada bindings)
Date: 1997/01/20
Date: 1997-01-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I did some Ada programming som ten years ago, but I have been off
for quite some time. I have not used Ada95 until now.
However I now have to port an application from Telesoft Ada with
Telewindows X-bindings to gnat (GNU) with X11Ada Ada95 X-bindings.

In the library I will use the ada procedures matches the original
C-versions very closely.
Some arrays are passed as a pointer to the element type, plus a
number telling the length of the array, in the traditional C way.

---------
QUESTION:
How do I make something of type access A actually point to the
first element in an array of A's?
---------

I have found out that if I take 'Address on a variable of type
A that is declared as aliased I get something of the right type.
I would like to do that  with the first element in the array,
bu I can't make that aliased..

Anwer by mail preferred, but I will poll this newsgroup as well..

This is one procedure I would like to call...

  procedure XFillPolygon(
            display: access XDisplay;
            d      : X.Drawable;
            gc     : access XGC;
            points : access XPoint;  -- ..and this is the evil one..
            npoints: X.signed_int;
            shape  : X.signed_int;
            mode   : X.signed_int);                     -- Xlib.h:2595

  type XPoint is                                        -- Xlib.h:398
    record
        XX: X.signed_short;                             -- Xlib.h:397
        y : X.signed_short;                             -- Xlib.h:397
    end record;

Ralf Lundberg           http://www.cd.chalmers.se/~ralf/index.html
<ralf@carmenta.se>      (email home: <ralf@cs.chalmers.se>)