* Welcome to FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE!
@ 1996-12-24  0:00 CoG
From: CoG @ 1996-12-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do you have more bills at the end of the month than you do money?
Worried about losing your current job?
Want to make more money and have more time to do the things in life that
REALLY matter?
What could you do with another $1000 a year? another $5000 a year?
$30,000 a year? or MORE?? PLUS the FREEDOM to enjoy it???

WE HAVE ALL YOUR ANSWERS!

Come see us at  http://personal.solutions.net/cog/enterprises  and open
the door to your future!

http://personal.solutions.net/cog/enterprises

* Re: Welcome to FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE!
@ 1996-12-25  0:00 ` Michael Nelson
       [not found]   ` <32c1bb07.1770350@news.2sprint.net>
From: Michael Nelson @ 1996-12-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cog

CoG wrote:

> Do you have more bills at the end of the month than you do money?
> Worried about losing your current job?
> Want to make more money and have more time to do the things in life that
> REALLY matter?
> What could you do with another $1000 a year? another $5000 a year?
> $30,000 a year? or MORE?? PLUS the FREEDOM to enjoy it???

Are you an asshole?

Michael

--
Michael Nelson                            nelson@seahunt.imat.com
San Francisco, CA                            michaeln@csd.sgi.com

* Money wanted
       [not found]   ` <32c1bb07.1770350@news.2sprint.net>
@ 1996-12-25  0:00     ` Dan
From: Dan @ 1996-12-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi;
I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
Dan

* Re: Money wanted
                         ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-26  0:00       ` Brandir
                         ` (7 subsequent siblings)
From: Brandir @ 1996-12-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Hi;
>I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>Dan

Sell your body to a medical school.

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-26  0:00       ` Jason Wallace
                         ` (8 subsequent siblings)
From: Jason Wallace @ 1996-12-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan

Dan wrote:

> Hi;
> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> Dan

  Sell your body to a hospital as a medical mystery.  The first living
person without a brain...

--
Jason
Elf@DarkElf.reno.nv.us

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-26  0:00       ` Jay Bratcher
                         ` (10 subsequent siblings)
From: Jay Bratcher @ 1996-12-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan

Dan wrote:

> Hi;
> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> Dan

There is another guy offering financial freedom in his massive cross
postings - maybe you two should get together.

Jay

* Re: Welcome to FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE!
@ 1996-12-26  0:00         ` Ed Price
From: Ed Price @ 1996-12-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris

Chris wrote:

> >Well, then I guess this makes two assholes - the original poster and
> >you.
> >
> >- Gary (ceridgac@indirect.com)
>
> You guys have to settle down. I'm not the one posting the message
> about making money. I hate those as much as anyone. I'm trying to
> crack a little joke. Geez. I thought it was funny. Lighten up. I ended
> up getting two mails from some fucks because i posted the little joke.
> One said to fuck off from Sven and the other was about posting
> advertisements. I DIDN'T AND NEVER WILL POST AN ADVERTISEMENT. LOOSEN
> UP YOU OLD COMPUTER FART NERDS!!!!
> Chris McKnight
> CJM28110@cmsu2.cmsu.edu
Chris:

Old (and young) farts never joke about money. It is how they add up the
value of their lives.

I used to think that the ideal job would allow me to stay at home and
have people send me money. Yet, after Megabuck Bomberwerks gave me a
layoff, allowing me to fullfill at least half of my dream, I wasn't as
satisfied as I had expected.

See, anybody can stay at home. The really tough part is getting people
to send you their money. Course, if I do figure that part out, you can
be sure that I'll post the technique!

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-26  0:00       ` Jim Smith
                         ` (9 subsequent siblings)
From: Jim Smith @ 1996-12-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Get a job!

@ 1996-12-26  0:00     ` GAC
From: GAC @ 1996-12-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Transmission posted from cjm28110@cmsu2.cmsu.edu (Chris):

          (http://www.indirect.com/www/ceridgac/ntsite.html)

@ 1996-12-26  0:00   ` Marc O. Weinmann
From: Marc O. Weinmann @ 1996-12-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 25 Dec 1996 08:12:25 -0800, Michael Nelson
<nelson@seahunt.imat.com> wrote:

>CoG wrote:
>>
>> Do you have more bills at the end of the month than you do money?
>> Worried about losing your current job?
>> Want to make more money and have more time to do the things in life that
>> REALLY matter?
>> What could you do with another $1000 a year? another $5000 a year?
>> $30,000 a year? or MORE?? PLUS the FREEDOM to enjoy it???
>
>Are you an asshole?

No kidding.. God, I am *tired* of these. Outta be a law.

Marc

Marc
----------------------------
emails: 		homepage:
mweinman@inmind.com	www.inmind.com/people/mweinman
marcwein@aol.com

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-26  0:00         ` Don Cannell
From: Don Cannell @ 1996-12-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Deric Cheng wrote:

> Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi;
> >I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> >Dan
> Step 1 Find empty coffee cup
> Step 2 Find busy Street
> Step 3 Sit in middle of Street
> Step 4 goto Step 3 until sun goes down.
> Stpe 5 goto step 1 in the next day.
>
> For more impact wear something you have from Junior High School

Sell your computer & stop paying for Internet access

* Re: Money wanted
                         ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-26  0:00       ` Deric Cheng
                         ` (6 subsequent siblings)
From: Deric Cheng @ 1996-12-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1996-12-27  0:00       ` Chris
From: Chris @ 1996-12-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1996-12-27  0:00           ` Ben Sauvin
From: Ben Sauvin @ 1996-12-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed Price wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> >
> > >Well, then I guess this makes two assholes - the original poster and
> > >you.
> > >
> > >- Gary (ceridgac@indirect.com)
> >
> > You guys have to settle down. I'm not the one posting the message
> > about making money. I hate those as much as anyone. I'm trying to
> > crack a little joke. Geez. I thought it was funny. Lighten up. I ended
> > up getting two mails from some fucks because i posted the little joke.
> > One said to fuck off from Sven and the other was about posting
> > advertisements. I DIDN'T AND NEVER WILL POST AN ADVERTISEMENT. LOOSEN
> > UP YOU OLD COMPUTER FART NERDS!!!!
> > Chris McKnight
> > CJM28110@cmsu2.cmsu.edu
> Chris:
>
> Old (and young) farts never joke about money. It is how they add up the
> value of their lives.
>
> I used to think that the ideal job would allow me to stay at home and
> have people send me money. Yet, after Megabuck Bomberwerks gave me a
> layoff, allowing me to fullfill at least half of my dream, I wasn't as
> satisfied as I had expected.
>
> See, anybody can stay at home. The really tough part is getting people
> to send you their money. Course, if I do figure that part out, you can
> be sure that I'll post the technique!

  (Old | Young) computer (fart | nerd) is no insult; it's rather
flattering, actually, and on behalf of myself, thank you very much.

  It's not terribly difficult to make money at home if you have a skill.
This may be re-stating the obvious, but I'll often decline to work at a
client site when trying to get meaningful work done, since the workplace
environment mitigates AGAINST spending long, uninterrupted hours
concentrating (this appears to be particularly true of engineering
departments). As a result, when I lost my first job, I did precisely
that: downloaded and uploaded work, emailed invoices and quite literally
waited for the checks to appear in the mailbox.

  What I've not quite managed to do yet is get RICH doing this. Perhaps
this is becase wealth isn't relevent - all that is required is the bills
be paid. It IS a pleasant way to MAKE a living, though.

--

Benoit A Sauvin
Anti-junk/spam device: underscore.

Opinions and misstatements are my own.

* Re: Money wanted
                         ` (5 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-27  0:00       ` JBLi
                         ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: JBLi @ 1996-12-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan wrote:

> Hi;
> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> Dan

Brandir> Sell your body to a medical school.

Deric Cheng> Step 1 Find empty coffee cup
Deric Cheng> Step 2 Find busy Street
Deric Cheng> Step 3 Sit in middle of Street
Step 4 goto Step 3 until sun goes down.
Stpe 5 goto step 1 in the next day.

Deric Cheng> For more impact wear something you have from Junior High
School

My words:

   Amazing!

   -- Even one who STAYS in the street with a cup in his hand may read
these messages.
   -- Even one who wear something from J.H.S. (ex. a knife!) may read
these messages.

   Dan, if you need money, you still can simply write a book or two
about the Internet and THE USERS.

   Anyway, since this is a Delphi discuss group, I suggest you have a
cup of coffee next to your computer and start writing some small to
medium projects for local business stores or offices; you may not make a
lot of money, but enough to give youself vacations every other months!
Don't forget, like Deric Cheng suggested, wear something from your
highschool, a knife, for example, in case you can not do what I
suggested, cut youself on the throat.

Good Luck.

JB

* Re: Money wanted
                         ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-27  0:00       ` Claude Bergeron
                         ` (5 subsequent siblings)
From: Claude Bergeron @ 1996-12-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan

Dan wrote:

> Hi;
> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> Dan

Procedure GetALotOfMony;
begin
  repeat
    AskSantaClaus;
    CheckForReply;
  until YouGetEnoughMoney;
end;

CB.

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-27  0:00         ` Randy Kramer
From: Randy Kramer @ 1996-12-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Claude Bergeron <c4berger@uqac.uquebec.ca> wrote:

>Dan wrote:
>>
>> Hi;
>> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>> Dan

>Procedure GetALotOfMony;
>begin
>  repeat
>    AskSantaClaus;
>    CheckForReply;
>  until YouGetEnoughMoney;
>end;

I may be mistaken on this, but I think the procedure should go like
this:

Procedure GetALotOfMoney
begin
	AskSantaClaus;
	CheckForEnoughMoney;

(I left out repeat until...)

I think the repeat/until loop should come last. Otherwise it would
just repeat the beginning of the procedure (I may be mistaken; I'm not
an expert at C...)

BTW:

	Shouldn't it be:

	Procedure GetALotOfMoney()

I found your reply (to the original post) quite funny...

>CB.

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-27  0:00         ` JeffMo
From: JeffMo @ 1996-12-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Claude Bergeron <c4berger@uqac.uquebec.ca> wrote:

>Dan wrote:
>>
>> Hi;
>> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>> Dan

>Procedure GetALotOfMony;
>begin
>  repeat
>    AskSantaClaus;
>    CheckForReply;
>  until YouGetEnoughMoney;
>end;

>CB.

void main ()
{
  if (GetMoneyFrom(mom))
    SpendItOn("syphilis treatment");

  else if (GetMoneyFrom(dad))
    SpendItOn("heroin detox");

  else if (GetMoneyFrom(brother))
    SpendItOn("brain replacement surgery");

  else if (GetMoneyFrom(sister))
    SpendItOn("schizophrenia therapy");

  else if (GetMoneyFrom(santa))
  {
    SpendItOn("Vivarin");
    printf("Wake up.  You're dreaming.");
  }

  else
    printf("Good luck getting any cash from us, loser!");
}

"A valid argument is not formed solely by ignorance." -JeffMo
"A valid argument is not formed solely by assertion." -JeffMo

Religion : Science :: Methamphetamine : Exercise

For email replies, remove the "dipstick." from my eddress.
It should be self-evident that I am not a dipstick.  ;-)

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-27  0:00         ` Dennis Janssen
From: Dennis Janssen @ 1996-12-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Deric,

**>> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?

DC> Step 1 Find empty coffee cup
DC> Step 2 Find busy Street
DC> Step 3 Sit in middle of Street
DC> Step 4 goto Step 3 until sun goes down.
DC> Stpe 5 goto step 1 in the next day.

Tsk, tsk, bad advice. Goto's are evil!

Program Make_Money;

Uses
  Nothing;

begin
  Repeat
    Find(EmptyCoffeeCup);
    Find(BusyStreet);
    Repeat
      Sit(MiddleOfStreet)
    Until Sun(Down)
  Until Hell(FrozenOver)
end.

See mom, I DO have the Christmas spirit!

   Dennis!

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-28  0:00           ` Don Read
                             ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Don Read @ 1996-12-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In the beginning, or at least on 27 Dec 96 13:15:28 ,  Dennis Janssen
<dennis@qltel.exonet.nl> proclaimed ...

>Hi Deric,
>
>**>> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>
>DC> Step 1 Find empty coffee cup
>DC> Step 2 Find busy Street
>DC> Step 3 Sit in middle of Street
>DC> Step 4 goto Step 3 until sun goes down.
>DC> Stpe 5 goto step 1 in the next day.
>
>Tsk, tsk, bad advice. Goto's are evil!
>
>Program Make_Money;
>
>Uses
>  Nothing;
>
>begin
>  Repeat
>    Find(EmptyCoffeeCup);
>    Find(BusyStreet);
>    Repeat
>      Sit(MiddleOfStreet)
>    Until Sun(Down)
>  Until Hell(FrozenOver)
>end.

in comp.lang.c :

while (! EnufMoney()) {
	while ( ! Employed())
		LookForWork();
	Work();
}

--
 Don Read                      sysop@calcasieu.com
 EDP Manager                       dread@texas.net

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-28  0:00           ` ld50macca
                             ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: ld50macca @ 1996-12-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

For greater efficiency, try:

print nogen
earner start 0
begin balr 12,0
         using here,12,11,10,9
here lm 9,11,baseaddr
       b moremony
baseaddr dc a(here+12288,here+8192,here+4096)
moremony equ *
       l  4,0                              * set infinite loop
forever equ *
       l  3,24                             * set hours in day loop
       get coffecup,hand
       put self,street
daily equ *
       pause 3600                     * wait one hour
       balr 3,daily                      * decrement hours in day loop
       balr 4,forever                   * decrement days loop
       b nicetry

Yes, I know it won't work but it is the first assembler 370 I've written
in 14 years plus.

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-28  0:00         ` Peter Clark
From: Peter Clark @ 1996-12-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Dan wrote:
>>
>> Hi;
>> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>> Dan

First, learn COBOL then contract out to a Year 2000 project.
Rates expected to hit $100/hr soon. Could double by end of 1997.

Peter Clark
pgclark@gov.pe.ca or ptrclark@cycor.ca
Team Y2k
Gov't of Prince Edward Island

* Re: Money wanted
                         ` (6 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-28  0:00       ` Remco Onderwater
                         ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Remco Onderwater @ 1996-12-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dan

Dan wrote:

> Hi;
> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> Dan

I think your wife can help you with your problem!

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-28  0:00         ` simple
From: simple @ 1996-12-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are you blind or what?  He needs ALOT of money BADLY.

Jim Smith wrote:

> Get a job!
>
> Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi;
> >I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> >Dan

* Re: Money wanted
                             ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-29  0:00           ` ld50macca
From: ld50macca @ 1996-12-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1996-12-29  0:00         ` Hassnain Waheed
From: Hassnain Waheed @ 1996-12-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <32C6138C.3CC4@nerdnet.nl> Remco Onderwater <hsws@nerdnet.nl> writes:
>From: Remco Onderwater <hsws@nerdnet.nl>
>Subject: Re: Money wanted
>Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 22:45:32 -0800

>Dan wrote:
>>
>> Hi;
>> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>> Dan

>I think your wife can help you with your problem!

How much

     Hassnain Waheed                    ilu@hasnain.brain.net.pk
     Smalltalk Consultant            hassnain.malik@cressoft.com.pk

     I have ability to implement your dreams

* Re: Money wanted
                             ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-29  0:00           ` Dileep Krishna
From: Dileep Krishna @ 1996-12-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

My two cents in this spirited discussion on the merits of various
programming languages...

Another approach is to use Java. Here the answer can be done in one line:

government.collectUI(); // UI is unemployment insurance, not User Int.
where government is declared as:
Government government = new Government (country); //
	// Country is your choice. If your country doesn't support this
	// interface, you won't compile!!! :-)

Hi Dennis:

point out a simple (but IMHO fatal!) but in your design (though I must
laud your commitment to good programming practices, I mean who in their
right sense would use a goto).

Right after sun-down you go back to finding empty coffee cup and a busy
street. This would be at night of course and in several places a busy
street at night is just a place to get shot or knifed. So there should be
 a pause before the

>   Until Hell(FrozenOver)

line like this: wait(Till morning); Note the lack of a poll that allows
the person to actually sleep instead of looking out the window each
second to see if it is light yet! ( I mean, is this program slick or
what!).

Dennis Janssen wrote:

> Program Make_Money;
>
> Uses
>   Nothing;
>
> begin
>   Repeat
>     Find(EmptyCoffeeCup);
>     Find(BusyStreet);
>     Repeat
>       Sit(MiddleOfStreet)
>     Until Sun(Down)
>   Until Hell(FrozenOver)
> end.
> --
Dileep Krishna
E-mail: dkrishna@myna.com

* Re: Money wanted
                         ` (8 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-29  0:00       ` Jim
From: Jim @ 1996-12-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Hi;
>I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>Dan
I think the Hormel Company is looking for more Spam, perhaps you could
donate your life.

* Re: Money wanted
       [not found]   ` <32c1bb07.1770350@news.2sprint.net>
@ 1996-12-29  0:00   ` dennis.glatting
From: dennis.glatting @ 1996-12-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: simple

In <32C58AF4.405A@yes.no> simple wrote:
| Are you blind or what?  He needs ALOT of money BADLY.

Perhaps he should contact my ex-wife? She has most of mine.

| Jim Smith wrote:
| >
| > Get a job!
| >
| > Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:
| >
| > >Hi;
| > >I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
| > >Dan

* Re: Money wanted
                         ` (7 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-29  0:00       ` chiiywiiiy
                         ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: chiiywiiiy @ 1996-12-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <32C1ECEF.32B8@pacbell.net>, Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> writes:

>I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?

Put on a dress and a wig and walk around the seedy part of town.

Paul Knudsen
Systems Consultant
MetLife
I like AOL.  Don't care if you don't.

* Re: Welcome to FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE!
@ 1996-12-29  0:00     ` chiiywiiiy
From: chiiywiiiy @ 1996-12-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <32c5441f.9094572@news.inmind.com>, mweinman@inmind.com (Marc
O. Weinmann) writes:

>No kidding.. God, I am *tired* of these. Outta be a law.

Someone holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read them?

@ 1996-12-29  0:00 ` Peter Cooper
From: Peter Cooper @ 1996-12-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <E33rrE.3w4@calcasieu.com>, sysop@calcasieu.com writes
>in comp.lang.c :
>
>while (! EnufMoney()) {
>       while ( ! Employed())
>               LookForWork();
>       Work();
>}

comp.lang.basic.misc

DEFINT A-Z
WHILE NOT Enoughmoney
        WHILE NOT Employed
                Lookforwork
        WEND
        Work
WEND

<grin>

Cheers,
--
Peter Cooper

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-29  0:00           ` Deric Cheng
From: Deric Cheng @ 1996-12-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dennis@qltel.exonet.nl (Dennis Janssen) wrote:

>Hi Deric,

>**>> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?

>DC> Step 1 Find empty coffee cup
>DC> Step 2 Find busy Street
>DC> Step 3 Sit in middle of Street
>DC> Step 4 goto Step 3 until sun goes down.
>DC> Stpe 5 goto step 1 in the next day.

>Tsk, tsk, bad advice. Goto's are evil!

>Program Make_Money;

>Uses
>  Nothing;

>begin
>  Repeat
>    Find(EmptyCoffeeCup);
>    Find(BusyStreet);
>    Repeat
>      Sit(MiddleOfStreet)
>    Until Sun(Down)
>  Until Hell(FrozenOver)
>end.

>See mom, I DO have the Christmas spirit!

>   Dennis!
Hey that's cool can you do it in Cobol?

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-30  0:00         ` Mike Rovak
From: Mike Rovak @ 1996-12-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jim Smith wrote:

> Get a job!
>
> Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi;
> >I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> >Dan

Send me an email and I'll tell you how you can become financially
independent in a relatively short time; simple, legal, fun. I and all my
friends are making extra money with it.

-- Mike

Disclaimer: My opinions do not necessarily
            reflect those of my employer.

Ask me about TCN!           mrovak@lgc.com

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-30  0:00 ` David Hanley
From: David Hanley @ 1996-12-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

fun earnings() = UsefulSkills;
fun getMoney(x,needed) = if x < needed
                            then getMoney( x + earnings() , needed )
                            else x;

David Hanley, Software Developer, NetRight technologies.
My employer pays me for my opinions; nonetheless he does not share all
of them
E-mail address munged to defeat automailers, Delete _nospam

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-30  0:00         ` Colin Johnson
From: Colin Johnson @ 1996-12-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jim wrote:

> Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
> >Hi;
> >I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> >Dan

Well, goodness gracious me! (Indian accent)

My new religion could use people of your caliber! Simply join the queue
outside my office. Bring money. Leave brains @ home.

Thank you. Come again Mr Simpson.

Apu

                      colin@pangaea.com.au
                http://www.pangaea.com.au/col.html

                   "sic friatur crustum dulce"

* Re: Money wanted
                         ` (9 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-12-30  0:00       ` timolmst
From: timolmst @ 1996-12-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Hi;
>I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>Dan

Get a job and stop bothering us with your off-topic posts. It must
balls the size of basketballs to just say "Does someone want to give
me some money?"

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-31  0:00           ` marduk
From: marduk @ 1996-12-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996 09:14:48 -0600, Mike Rovak <mrovak@tulsa.lgc.com> wrote:
>Jim Smith wrote:
>>
>> Get a job!
>>
>> Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi;
>> >I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>> >Dan
>
>Send me an email and I'll tell you how you can become financially
>independent in a relatively short time; simple, legal, fun. I and all my
>friends are making extra money with it.

... and if you believe that i've got 1000 acres of green pastures and crystal
clean waters in New Jersey to sell ya.

-=-marduk-=-

Chicken Little only has to be right once.

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-31  0:00         ` Oleg Belopolsky
From: Oleg Belopolsky @ 1996-12-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

timolmst@cyberramp.net wrote:

> It must balls the size of basketballs to just say "Does someone want  > to give me some money?"

No, it actually takes brains the size of balls...

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-31  0:00   ` Jim Neil
From: Jim Neil @ 1996-12-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <E33rrE.3w4@calcasieu.com>, sysop@calcasieu.com writes
>in comp.lang.c :
>
>while (! EnufMoney()) {
>       while ( ! Employed())
>               LookForWork();
>       Work();
>}

   And in TERSE...

	{
	  =.EnufMoney; <>;
	  {
	    =.Employed; <>;
	    =.LookForWork;
	  }.;
	  =.Work;
	}.;

         Jim Neil           ___  ___/  ____/   ___  /   ____/   ____/
      Creator of The            /     /       /    /   /       /
TERSE Programming Language     /     ___/      ___/ ____  /   ___/
   ISBN:  0-9652660-0-1       /     /       /  \         /   /
   jim-neil@digital.net    __/   ______/ __/  __\ ______/ ______/ TM
   http://www.terse.com

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1996-12-31  0:00             ` Peter Green
From: Peter Green @ 1996-12-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 29 Dec 1996 05:51:17 GMT, congee@mindspring.com (Deric Cheng)
wrote:

>dennis@qltel.exonet.nl (Dennis Janssen) wrote:
>
>>Hi Deric,
>
>>**>> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
>
>>DC> Step 1 Find empty coffee cup
>>DC> Step 2 Find busy Street
>>DC> Step 3 Sit in middle of Street
>>DC> Step 4 goto Step 3 until sun goes down.
>>DC> Stpe 5 goto step 1 in the next day.
>
>>Tsk, tsk, bad advice. Goto's are evil!
>
>>Program Make_Money;
>
>>Uses
>>  Nothing;
>
>>begin
>>  Repeat
>>    Find(EmptyCoffeeCup);
>>    Find(BusyStreet);
>>    Repeat
>>      Sit(MiddleOfStreet)
>>    Until Sun(Down)
>>  Until Hell(FrozenOver)
>>end.
>
>>See mom, I DO have the Christmas spirit!
>
>>   Dennis!
>Hey that's cool can you do it in Cobol?

hehe...while it's possible to do it in Cobol, the result is a couple
of pages long; nothing worth reading... ;)

Peter Green
peyote'at'dfwmm.net

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1997-01-01  0:00               ` x
From: x @ 1997-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

as if any of this garbage is worth reading....

Let this thing die.

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1997-01-01  0:00                 ` x
From: x @ 1997-01-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

.

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1997-01-02  0:00         ` Kyle R. Hofmann
From: Kyle R. Hofmann @ 1997-01-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <5a8g22$df4$1@newshost.cyberramp.net>,  wrote:
: Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:

: >Hi;
: >I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
: >Dan

: Get a job and stop bothering us with your off-topic posts. It must
: balls the size of basketballs to just say "Does someone want to give
: me some money?"

  If he does have balls that big, he can earn a lot of extra money very
easily; all he has to do is let people dribble (on) them!

--
Kyle R. Hofmann  <rhofmann@crl.com>

"There are no significant bugs in our released software that any
significant number of users want fixed."  -- Bill Gates

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1997-01-03  0:00           ` marcus
From: marcus @ 1997-01-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 31 Dec 1996 10:56:09 -0500, Oleg Belopolsky
<belopolsky_oleg@jpmorgan.com> wrote:

>timolmst@cyberramp.net wrote:
>>
>> It must balls the size of basketballs to just say "Does someone want  > to give me some money?"
>
>No, it actually takes brains the size of balls...

You're probably right. I bet he(Dan) figures that since he
nearly fell for it when someone else posted such a plea, he'd
play it smart, turn it around, and try it himself rather than
send money to whatever sorry soul inspired him. Too bad he
forgot to include his address, I guess we'll just have to
email him the cash!

@ 1997-01-03  0:00     ` Linas Vepstas
From: Linas Vepstas @ 1997-01-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris

Chris wrote:

>  Do you have more bills at the end of the month than you do money?
>  Worried about losing your current job?
>  Want to make more money and have more time to do the things in life
> that REALLY matter?
> What could you do with another $1000 a year? another $5000 a year?
> $30,000 a year? or MORE?? PLUS the FREEDOM to enjoy it???
>
> Are you an asshole?
> Michael
>
> No way, your telling me an asshole can make you an extra $1000 bucks
> a month. I've got to get me one of those.
> Chris McKnight
> CJM4357@cmsu2.cmsu.edu

Gee, You mean you don't already have an asshole? I've got one, but
the thought of using it to make an extra $1000 a month, is, well,
(blanch)  ... I dunno.  Count me out.

--linas

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1997-01-04  0:00             ` Tim Lorge
From: Tim Lorge @ 1997-01-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: marduk

marduk wrote:

> ... and if you believe that i've got 1000 acres of green pastures and crystal
> clean waters in New Jersey to sell ya.

Hey man I live in Jersey... surrounded by Toxic waste dumps and the taps
run clean... the water is trucked in from PA! Oh and the green in the
pastures is only the grass growing on top of the toxic dumps!!!

Cheers!

Tim

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1997-01-04  0:00               ` Peter van der Linden
From: Peter van der Linden @ 1997-01-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please stop the multi-group spam.

--
Peter van der Linden     linden%nospam@eng.sun.com   http://www.best.com/~pvdl

If you give a man a fish, he can eat for a day.
If you give a man a fishing rod, he can sell it and get a good steak dinner.

* Re: Welcome to FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE!
@ 1997-01-06  0:00     ` Top Secret
From: Top Secret @ 1997-01-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >> What could you do with another $1000 a year? another $5000 a year?
> >> $30,000 a year? or MORE?? PLUS the FREEDOM to enjoy it???
> >
> >Are you an asshole?
> >

> No kidding.. God, I am *tired* of these. Outta be a law.

It's probably some sort of pyramid scheme or another in which it's a
class IV felony(whatever that means).

* Re: Welcome to FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE!
@ 1997-01-06  0:00       ` Robert McCready
From: Robert McCready @ 1997-01-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <32D1CF0E.1621@slip.net>, adam@slip.net says...

> > >Are you an asshole?
> > >

> > No kidding.. God, I am *tired* of these. Outta be a law.
>
> It's probably some sort of pyramid scheme or another in which it's a
> class IV felony(whatever that means).

	Class IV means when we catch him we get to tar and feather him
then hang him by his balls from a tree and use him for a pinata.

--
-=          rmccread@oboe.calpoly.edu          =-
-= A free net does not mean there are no laws. =-

* Re: Money wanted
                         ` (10 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1997-01-07  0:00       ` Josh Blackwell
From: Josh Blackwell @ 1997-01-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <32C1ECEF.32B8@pacbell.net>, Dan <dan_n@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Hi;
> I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> Dan

#!/usr/bin/perl

open(BAG,">>bag") || die "Forgot to bring a bag:$!";
open(TELLER,"<bank") || print "Gimme all your money!!!";

while ($bills = <TELLER>){
   print BAG $bills;
}

close BAG;
exit;

j o s h  b l a c k w e l l                    josh@netoutfit.com
  Internet Outfitters                   http://www.netoutfit.com

* Re: Money wanted
@ 1997-01-15  0:00         ` George Wood
From: George Wood @ 1997-01-15  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Remco Onderwater <hsws@nerdnet.nl> wrote in article
<32C6138C.3CC4@nerdnet.nl>...
> Dan wrote:
> >
> > Hi;
> > I  need alot of money badly; Could anyone help?
> > Dan
>
> I think your wife can help you with your problem!

Ok i'll say it,She is sitting on a fortune.