From: Ken Garlington <GarlingtonKE@lmtas.lmco.com>
Subject: Re: ESP
Date: 1996/12/17
Date: 1996-12-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert I. Eachus wrote:

> In article <1996Dec14.191445.1@eisner> kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen) writes:
>
>  > If someone had included a printer on the Ariane :-),
>  > would it have been intact after the incident ?
>
>   The right question is "Would they have still sent the data down the
> bus to the engine controller?"
>
>   Remember that the final nail in the coffin was that the telemetry
> data was sent over the same bus as the commands to the point the
> engines, and that this is what actually caused the rocket to go out of
> control.

Well, sorta... if both INUs had just turned off their remote terminals,
for example, I don't know if the flight control would have had a backup
attitude source. It still might have crashed.
to maintain control.

--
LMTAS - The Fighter Enterprise - "Our Brand Means Quality"
For job listings, other info: http://www.lmtas.com or