From: Donald Raab <donraab@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Obtaining OT Skills/Knowledge  (Was: What is wrong with OO?)
Date: 1996/12/15
Date: 1996-12-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> I believe I am making this leap for the right reasons - high quality
> product, maintainability, etc - but I simply cannot afford to have my first
> OT project fall in a screaming heap.
>
> How do the OT beginners of the world become proficient at OO design and
> implementation?
>
> Is my apprehension at launching into OT an asset or a warning?
>
> TIA
>
> Kind regards
> Andrew Hallam

IBM offers a OO/Smalltalk immersion course (5 weeks) called the Object
Technology University School One (OTU).  It's an excellent way to learn
the basics of analysis/design/programming with OO using
VisualAge/Smalltalk.  If you can afford the training, I would highly
recommend it.  I believe IBM should have information on their home page
about the OTU.

They also offer a C++ track for the course.

Good Luck!
Don