From: BAMBA ISMAEL 19320 <bamba_i@cnam.fr>
Subject: Re: Dump screen content into file....
Date: 1996/12/10
Date: 1996-12-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi all !
Thanks to Larry Kilgallen and John Schneider for answering my posted
question! 8^}

Larry Kilgallen wrote:

>  Or perhaps on some operating systems (like VMS) you might want to use
> OS-specific calls to obtain larger buffers or asynchrouous
> input from a single read, or read-with-prompt semantics.

Im using the VMS operating system on a VAX machine.do you or anybody
know of those OS-specific calls?

> The process of reading characters from a terminal screen
> really has much more to do with the model of terminal
> than with the programming language, so you might consider
> a hardware-specific newsgroup.

Actually,what im trying to do is alternatively dump screen to file and
file to screen from inside a Ada program .I know how to do it in a
memory mapped terminal like a Pc( you know the video buffer's address)
but the thing seems to be hasrsher on a  RS232 terminal.i'll flip
through hardware-specific newsgroups.But please if anyone has the
slightest idea,PLEASE e-mail me or post !

to John: Thank you for your Unix-oriented hint! do you know of any Vax
thing that could as well?

Rgds to all you guys who patiently take a piece of you time to answer
question.

> Larry Kilgallen
> John  schneider

Isnael.